What is Sacral Chakra?
The sacral chakra, also known as Svadhisthana or second chakra, is located below the naval and above the pubic bone at the front of the pelvis (close to your Muladhara chakra).
The second chakra controls the flow of energy and is the center of gravity of the human body. It is the center of the body’s life force. It is the spring of life as it flows out from the Svadhishthana chakra.
It controls the flow of information from the mind to the body and from the body to the mind. Intuition, gut feelings, and other „non-linear” communication come from this chakra.
Your navel chakra (sexual chakra) is also associated with your expression of desire, sensual and intimacy connections, the expression of your feelings and the undisturbed flow of your emotions.
It is also a very sacred and powerful place to manifest your desires and dreams, as well as work through your boundaries and fears.
Signs that your 2nd chakra may be blocked include:
When the sacral chakra is blocked or out of balance, we may feel emotionally explosive or not emotional at all.
If this chakra is overactive, we may have a sexual addiction or we may become manipulative and obsessed with thoughts of sex. In addition, excessive emotional attachment to objects or people may be a sign of an overactive navelchakra.
When this chakra is closed or partly open, it may also be harder to find motivation and direction and we may feel emotionally distant or overly emotional.
A deficiency will result in inadequate social skills, fear of sex, lack of desire, excitement, passion, and self-denial of pleasure.
When your Svadhisthana chakra is open:
When this chakra is balanced, you will have the capacity to experience pleasure and an emotional balance. A good balance guides you to connect with your intuition and creativity.
Having a balanced navel chakra helps with our sexual confidence, but also our self-confidence in general. It also allows us to freely be able to express our true nature and our emotions.
When this chakra is active, we tend to live very passionately and aspire to live life to the fullest!
Things you can do to help balance your navel Chakra include:
- Wearing or visualizing the color orange;
- Simply visualize a glowing orange ball in meditation;
- Watching a sunset;
- Adding orange vegetables and fruits to your diet, such as winter squashes, oranges, carrots, pumpkins, mandarines, mangoes, papayas, or sweet potatoes;
- Practices in kundalini yoga to balance and control the energy in this chakra;
- Engage in creative activities, such as painting, dancing, singing, composing, writing and acting to free up creative energy;
- Carnelian, topaz moonstone and agate can all help you purify and connect to your Svadhisthana chakra.
- Engage in fun and sensual activities;
- Taking epicurean baths and spending a little time looking attractive as a female or a male;
Svadhishthana chakra opens to universal healing energies and once it is unblocked you will feel the freedom of expressing your emotions without any displeasure or discomfort.
By healing this chakra, you will not only heal your physical self, which includes your reproductive system and other internal organs, you will also have cleared your emotional body and sexual blockages.