It is no longer a novelty that excessive acidity in the body leads to disease.
Once the process of digestion is completed, the food, according to the quality of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, minerals, and vitamins contained, will generate an acid or alkaline condition in the body.
Acidifying or alkalizing result is measured by a scale called the pH, whose values are between 0 and 14, pH 7 is a neutral pH. It is important to know how acidic and alkaline foods affect our health.
In order for cells to function properly, their pH should be slightly alkaline. A healthy person’s blood pH is between 7.40 and 7.45.
Dr. Robert Young, a microbiologist, and nutritionist in the United States spent years studying blood acidity and, along with other experts in the field, considered it to be the main cause of diseases in these modern times.
In his book called “The pH Miracle,” Dr. Young states:
“The pH level of all our body fluids affects every cell in the body. The entire metabolic process depends on the alkalinity of the environment.”
Dr. Young continued:
”Chronically increased acidity corrodes the body’s tissues and, if not kept under control, it stops the activity and functioning of cells, from heartbeats to cerebral neuronal circuit. In other words, acidity affects life itself. It is the basis of all sickness and disease.”
Diseases Caused By Increased Acidity In The Body
Most of the diseases caused by an acid pH are caused by a bad diet.
Emotions also play an important role, because of the negative ones, such as anger or sadness, block the liver or intestines, preventing their proper functioning.
The consequences of increased acidity of the body are:
- the body doesn’t properly absorb vitamins and minerals;
- cells have nutritional deficiencies;
- cell repair and removal of heavy metals become a difficult process;
- tumors can grow faster.
Also, these diseases are likely to occur as well:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- chronic fatigue syndrome;
- high levels of cholesterol;
- heart disease;
- cancer due to an extreme level of acidity;
- gallbladder stones;
- behavioral disorders;
- heart palpitations;
- muscle pain.
Dr. Robert Young’s studies confirm:
“Excessive acidity in the body is the cause of all degenerative diseases. When the balance is destroyed and the body starts to produce and store more acidity and more toxic waste than it can eliminate, then various pains and diseases begin to manifest.”
How can the body balance and alkalize?
Sport helps the body alkalize. Physical exercise oxygenates our whole body, sets the lymph system in motion and also it allows us to eliminate, through sweat, the toxins accumulated in the body and to eliminate acidity from the adipose tissue.
It is also important because it helps us fortify and become more flexible and it strengthens our cardiovascular system, bones, and joints. Sport improves metabolism, normalizes blood pressure and balances triglycerides and insulin levels in the blood.
In nature, in a clean and oxygenated environment, there are more negative ions, also called “air vitamins” and in some parts of nature – mountains, seaside or waterfalls, where water is in a constant motion, the proportion of ions in the air is 2,000 negative ions to 1,000 positive ions per cm3.
It was determined that this ratio is the most beneficial to the human being.
Dr. Albert Kruger found that negative ions increase the speed rate of oxidation of serotonin in the blood, reduce neurosis and anxiety, increase appetite, tone the body and give an overall joy to live.
Exhaust fumes, cigarette smoke, industrial smog, mobile telephony antennas, etc. in the cities and large urban areas create an extremely harmful environment, loaded with positive ions. This environment favors the acidic state of the body.
Alkaline Diet List
There are numerous studies and tests that tell us which foods to eat and which to avoid.
Here is a guideline to help you make better food choices:
- Pork, beef, chicken, lamb, turkey, shellfish;
- Milk, yogurt, cheese, cream, ice cream, eggs;
- Sodas, coffee, alcohol, synthetic sweeteners, sugar, cakes, so-called natural juices in stores and all that contains refined sugar;
- Vinegar, refined oil, white rice, white bread, biscuits, peanuts, soy sauces, mayonnaise, pasta, microwaved food, fast food, chocolate, instant soups, margarine, butter.
- Fruit – Apples, apricots, bananas, small berry fruit, cherries, fresh coconut, dates, figs, grapefruit, grapes, guava, ripe lemons, lime, mango, melon – all varieties, nectarines, oranges, papaya, pears, peaches, fresh pineapple, pomegranates, raisins, strawberries, mandarin, passion fruit, raspberry, kiwi, cranberry.
- Cucumbers, lettuce, onion, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, green beans, peas, celery, cabbage, leeks, carrots, zucchini, turnips, radishes, parsley, dill, pepper, tomatoes, and everything that is green (rich in chlorophyll);
- Lemons, limes, avocados, grapefruit, rhubarb, watermelon, coconut (careful, whole coconut, not milled);
- Pure water, water with lemon, herb tea, freshly squeezed vegetable juices, soy or almond milk, vegetable soup;
- Cold-pressed olive oil, generally any oil that is cold-pressed, sea buckthorn oil, grape seed oil.
We must point out that even though tomatoes and lemons have an acid pH, once they reach the body, they have a strong alkalizing effect.
Therefore, we strongly recommend you to enjoy their delicious taste as much as possible.
Alkalinity by positive thoughts and emotions
Dr. Victor Pauchet said:
“Optimism, exuberant good mood, the joy to live should be our permanent state. In doing so, we will always be in contact with the wonderful and benefic energies of the Universe.”
Dr. Victor later added:
”In the era we live in, it is necessary to attract within ourselves as many subtle energies of optimism and courage as possible, so that we become an example even for others.”
The alkaline state is a lifestyle. Thinking includes thought processes, belief systems, personal level of consciousness, attitudes, feelings, and behaviors. Recent studies in psychology have shown that negative emotions can cause even more acidity than what we eat or drink.
Negative emotions can have many causes and forms and they generate stress in the body, and stress generates acidity.
It is therefore very important to pay due attention to these issues.
Everything we eat and drink together with our emotions is important for the recovery of our inner balance.
Obviously, if we don’t take care of the mental and emotional aspects as well, resolving existing conflicts such as lack of self-confidence, pride, anger or fears, it is difficult to maintain an alkaline state in the body, that generates well-being and balance.
It is also known that negative thoughts consume our energy and, in time, are weakening the life force of the body. Thus, negative emotions can have harmful consequences, because the condition they induce causes the negative acidic state that eventually makes us sick.
Worries, anger, hatred, envy, gossip, fear, and insomnia create acidity, while joy, laughter, happiness, meditation, rest, and sleep create alkalinity.
We can prevent various diseases or disorders and have a healthy balanced life by paying more attention to these key factors in maintaining optimal health: alkaline diet, exercise, and thinking. Making the best choices in these matters helps us enjoy a truly healthy and harmonious life.
Image credit – Shutterstock
READ THIS NEXT: Diet Guideline According To Your Zodiac Sign