Dreaming of having a beautiful garden with no flaws is not prohibited. But, taking care of your backyard garden from those pests and wasp sting can be quite troublesome for you. Though they are a part of every naturally growing lawn that does not mean you become used to it and start living with them.
Many people are sick of this worry and they are always in search of some tips and tricks to hush all pests away. So, for you, we have gathered some tip and DIY tricks which you can use to keep your garden safe and ever greener.
Some DIY / Home remedies for this:
- Watering: water acts as a wonderful pest repellent for your garden. It can keep away the pesky garden visitors. All you have to do is to simply turn the nozzle into a fine spray to water the leaves especially their undersides. This will keep many types of wasps and pests away.
- Baking soda mixture: another amazing tip which you can do at home is making this mixture which contains;
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (dissolve it in a cup of warm water)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dish soap solution
Mix all the remaining ingredients with the soda water solution and spray the mixture once a week on the leaves. This is going to do many wonders for the beauty of your garden.
- Pests are so destructive to your plants and trees that it can affect the roots too. So, you can use organic sprays with organic recipes which are also available online. Most of them contain garlic, some essential oils, and hot pepper to repel any kind of pest.
- Another organic spray which you can make in your home includes the following ingredients;
- 1 small hot pepper
- 1 small garlic
- 1 teaspoon natural dish soap
Make a mixture of the garlic and hot pepper with a cup of water and strain. Now, pour it into a bottle and add dish soap. Spray your leaves with this thoroughly and see the amazing results.
- Mixing of milk and water in equal parts and spraying this on the infected plants can greatly reduce the disease of powdery mildew.
- Another easy remedy to avoid pests and insects is to have the following ingredients;
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Few drops of ivory soap
Mixing the above items and spraying them on the plant from above to below and vice versa will keep insects and pests out.
- Taking preventive measures to reduce the spread of any disease among other healthy plants is very important. So, those plants which are weak will attract predators and they should be immediately removed from the garden.
- Turmeric can do wonders for the protection of your plants. It is an uninviting thing for the pests. All you have to do is to sprinkle the turmeric around the base and on leaves of your plants. Also, you can spray its water solution too.
- Neem oil is another amazing oil which is extracted from the seeds of neem. It is capable of keeping the pests away from your garden’s plants and keeps them healthy. Neem oil is biodegradable and non-toxic to the plant’s life. It is used with soap liquid. To use this as a pest repellent, mix 2 teaspoons of neem oil with 1 teaspoon of mild soap liquid and shake it thoroughly with 1 quart of water. Use this mixture to spray on plants and their undersides to keep the pests and other diseases away.
- Tomato leaves can also be used as a pest repellent and their spray can be made easily in the home. For this, you need to chop two cups of fresh tomato leaves and combine it in 1 quart of water. Let it steep overnight. Now, strain it out and use this as spraying on the leaves and plants.
- A number of other tips are available like using diatomaceous earth as a natural pest repellent. It is often available in garden stores and it is the sedimentary rock from fossilized algae Due to its dried nature, it is very effective for the healthy growth of your plants.