What is root chakra?
Mula = roots, origin, essence
AdhAra = base, foundation
Color – red
Element – earth
Muladhara chakra‘s symbolic representation is the lotus flower with four petals, describing the four cardinal points. They represent the four basic psychological functions of the mind, intellect, consciousness and ego. The four petals also symbolize the four stages of evolution of our life on this planet.
Signs your Muladhara chakra may be blocked include:
- inability to save money.
- chronic health problem.
- lack of healthy boundaries.
- feeling distracted, confused.
- eating disorders.
- generalized fear.
- sitting to long, not being able to be active.
- materialism and greed.
- excessive preoccupation with survival.
When this chakra is open:
- balanced care for the physical body (walking, working in the garden, swimming, yoga).
- acceptance of the physical body.
- ability to provide food and necessary attention.
- the power to manifest abundance.
- sit comfortably on a chair or on the floor in the lotus position.
- close our eyes and focus your attention on the pelvic bones.
- push the pelvic bones down into the seat or into the floor; observe how the spine looks like it stretches.
- inhale and exhale, sending energy into the pelvic bones, for 1-3 minutes.
- acknowledge the presence of this energy.
- use the focused breathing for energizing and balancing the body.
Another cleaning and healing method of this chakra is the meditation using the mudras and sounds:
- choose a comfortable position, hold your spine straight and focus your attention on Muladhara position.
- form a circle using your thumb and index finger, place your hands on the knees, palms up.
- inhale deeply and when exhaling, chant the LAM sound (mantra) three times.
- repeat the exercise for 7-10 breaths.
Every time we demand the right to the life we desire, we will heal the root chakra. You must realize that you are entitled to joy, happiness, health and a creative existence!
You do not need someone else’s approval to decide on the things that lead you to happiness, safety, and happiness!