Specifically, illness is created within our physical body when we are resisting changes or issues within our lives.
Some common causes of foot pain include:
- Bunions (a bony bump which forms on the joint at the base of your big toe);
- Achilles tendinitis;
- Achilles tendon rupture (occurs when the Achilles tendon tear);
- Haglund’s deformity;
- Avulsion fracture (happens when a small chunk of bone attached to a ligament or tendon gets pulled away from the main part of the bone);
- Ingrown toenails;
- Bone spurs;
- Broken ankle/broken foot,
- Morton’s neuroma (a condition which affects the nerves between the toes);
- Broken toe;
- Peripheral neuropathy;
- Bursitis (joint inflammation);
- Plantar fasciitis (occurs when the band of tissue which supports the arch of the foot becomes inflamed);
- Corns and calluses;
- Plantar warts;
- Nerve damage caused by diabetes (diabetic neuropathy);
- Reactive arthritis;
- Gout (arthritis related to excess uric acid);
- Retrocalcaneal bursitis;
- Hammertoe and mallet toe;
- Septic arthritis (usually caused by bacteria);
- High heels or poorly fitting shoes;
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome;
- Osteoarthritis (disease causing the breakdown of joints);
- Osteomyelitis (a bone infection);
- Tendinitis (an inflammation or irritation of a tendon);
- Paget’s disease of bone;
- Stress fractures;
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory joint disease);
- Raynaud’s disease (occurs smaller arteries that supply blood to the skin narrow);
- Psoriatic arthritis.
Foot pain – spiritual meaning and healing
Your feet are the foundation of your life and your body. With the help of our legs, we stride towards the future. Also, our feet represent our connection with Mother Earth.
All types of foot pain are the result of pushing too hard, too often and too fast in all things: mental, emotional, and physical.
When your feet hurt, your soul is aching for a different foundation and different way for stepping out into the world or not stepping out. Basically, foot pain is the hallmark of our current rush culture.
Moreover, when we feel stuck in a situation or feel afraid of the future (start living in the present!), we can develop problems with our legs; this is our subconscious preventing us from moving forward.
Make a decision to resolve this issue and stick with it. Once your attitude changes and you start to move forward, the problem with your legs will disappear.
Knee pain – spiritual meaning
The knee is the articulation point of the leg, responsible for flexibility and mobility. Knees represent pride. Pride or ego keeps us from surrendering to the will of the Supreme Consciousness.
An inflamed knee indicates someone or something is making you feel angry or irritated, and you will not give in.
Water in the knee indicates a holding of emotional energy, especially a resistance to surrender, or there may be too much emotion to cope with and the weight is being carried in the knees.
Long-term knee-stress would indicate a need for greater attention on the Self, and less on ”duties” that are obviously stress-producing for you.
Ankle pain – spiritual meaning
Ankles represent flexibility, which is crucial as one navigates the twists and turns of life. Stiff, painful ankles are a sign that change is difficult for you.
Healing affirmations for foot pain
”I step to the rhythm of the present moment.”
”I understand clearly and I am willing to change with the times.”
”I move forward in life with joy and with ease.”
”I am safe.”
Here are some expert top tips to keep your feet looking and feeling good.
- if you have high arches, consider an arch support;
- warm up correctly before engaging in physical activities which may place lots of stress on the heels;
- avoid shoes which seem to trigger pain;
- keep your weight in check since excess weight adds stress to your feet;
- wear shoes that fit.